Trust central team vacancies
Clerk to the local governing bodies
The Charter Schools Educational Trust (TCSET) are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Clerk to Governors to provide procedural, legislative and constitutional advice and guidance to the Local Governing Bodies (LGB) on all governance related matters at The Charter School North Dulwich, The Charter School East Dulwich and Charles Dickens Primary School.
The Trust schools are all located in Southwark, South East London. The primary school is rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted and the secondary schools are rated ‘Good’ (East Dulwich) and ‘Outstanding’ (North Dulwich). Our mission is to work together to ensure that every child in our family of schools has the knowledge, skills and confidence to live lives of opportunity and choice.
The successful applicant will be appointed on a freelance basis reporting to the Head of Trust Governance and will be paid £350 per full local governing body meeting, including all agenda planning, ensuring all documents are available to governors before the meeting, clerking the meeting and production of minutes. Currently this will involve a minimum of three local governing body meetings each half-term. Other meetings will be paid at a pre-agreed rate dependent on the amount of time required to support them. The start date will be January 2021.
As the Clerk to Governors you will be expected to attend planned Local Governing Body (LGB) meetings, plus additional meetings e.g. exclusion and/or complaint panels, as necessary.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
● Working with the Head of Trust Governance to ensure that the LGB meets the requirements of the Trust and the DfE.
● Working with the Headteachers and Chairs of Governors in the preparation, typing and distribution of agendas and associated paperwork.
● Accurate note taking and typing up of minutes at Local Governor meetings as well as any working parties, committees or panels as required.
● Maintaining accurate records of the LGB and its membership.
● Advising the LGB on procedural issues, legal responsibilities and constitutional matters.
● Managing communication, documentation and correspondence relating to the work of the LGB.
Please see the job description below for full details
For this role, you will have:
● GCSE grade 4 (or C) or above Maths and English (or equivalent)
● Relevant administrative skills
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work.
In house training will be provided to the right applicant.
TCSET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
COVID-19 considerations: To keep our students, staff and candidates safe, interviews will be carried out remotely using Zoom.
TCSET is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Please download and complete the application form below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org